Here at LIGNIA, we’re committed to not only ensuring the security of your information, but to being transparent about what data we do collect, how it is used, and with whom it is shared. We want to help you make the best decisions about any information you share with us.
Your privacy matters
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We've structured our website so that, in general, you can visit LIGNIA on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with LIGNIA.
What is personal data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
Why does LIGNIA need to collect and store my personal data?
In order for us to contact you, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes, including customer enquiries and new business enquiries.
We collect information via Google Analytics and cookies, in order to see how our visitors have arrived at the site and what they have looked at while they are here. This is collected in order to understand how we can improve the website experience and how we can deliver information to you in a more efficient and tailored manner. This data is anonymized and is deleted in accordance with our retention policy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, LIGNIA will ask for your consent before any marketing communications are sent.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will LIGNIA share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to LIGNIA in the course of dealing with you. If we wish to pass your data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the services described. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with LIGNIA procedures.
How will LIGNIA use the personal data it collects about me?
LIGNIA will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and will not keep it for longer than is necessary. LIGNIA is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods, depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will LIGNIA contact me?
LIGNIA will only contact you upon a direct request, or if you have consented to us sending you marketing materials.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that LIGNIA holds about me?
LIGNIA, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If LIGNIA does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation who/that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of LIGNIA or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
How can I request this information?
In order to request the information we hold about you, please complete our Subject Access Request Form, which you can find here.
Please send this form, along with one form of identification, via email or post, to the contact details listed below.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
LIGNIA accepts the following forms of ID – a high-res copy is acceptable – when information on your personal data is requested:
Utility bill from the last three months
Contacting us regarding data protection
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
LIGNIA Wood Company Limited
Unit 10, Atlantic Trading Estate
Telephone: +44 (0)1446 507077