A message from Neil Ryan, CEO LIGNIA WOOD COMPANY LTD, and staff:
We are writing to inform you of the actions that we have taken to ensure the well-being of our colleagues, suppliers and customers, in response to the growing threat from Coronavirus.
At LIGNIA WOOD COMPANY LTD, Health & Safety is our number one priority so as the COVID-19 outbreak started to spread internationally, we reviewed and began implementing provisions as a part of our overall business continuity plan. This plan outlines specific steps we are taking and will continue to take to safeguard employees’, visitors' and customers’ health and well-being during the pandemic, while ensuring the Company’s ability to maintain fundamental operations and continue providing our world class wood product to our customers.
The plan includes:
The formation of a Coronavirus Action Team who monitor and action UK Government and Public Health and National Health Service guidance
- Ensuring employees receive regular updates and advice in accordance with the UK government advice
- Installation of posters around site to reinforce good practice regarding hand-washing
- Maintaining good hygiene around the site, including an increased frequency of factory and office cleaning and disinfecting of critical surfaces
- Restricting International travel
- Introducing software to enable continued customer and supplier interaction and allow employees to be able to work from home where appropriate
- Ensuring visitors are aware of our policies and fill out a self-declaration before being allowed onto the site
- Any drivers or visitors to site who are displaying obvious symptoms of COVID-19 will be refused entry to site
Specific to site deliveries and collections:
- Once drivers have entered site they must remain in their cab unless otherwise instructed by a LIGNIA employee
- If the driver must leave the cab, they may only do so under the supervision of a LIGNIA employee
- Drivers must bring their own PPE
- Drivers outside their cab should remain at least 2 metres away from others
The senior management team and board of Directors of LIGNIA WOOD COMPANY LTD take the COVID-19 threat seriously and we are taking all reasonable measures to prepare for and mitigate the risk of COVID-19 to our team members, our customers and our business.
Thank you for your continued support of the LIGNIA WOOD COMPANY LTD. We wish good health to all our customers, suppliers, colleagues and their families.
LIGNIA WOOD COMPANY LTD